Start an exciting and rewarding career in ed tech!
Looking for awesome developer jobs in Brighton? This entry level technical role offers you the chance to gain some fantastic experience and skills taking part in fun and varied development projects. Join our super talented developer team and help create award-winning educational software for children.
Developer Job Description
This junior developer role is an important addition to our growing in-house development team. You will get to work on all areas including our products, systems and website. We are building a fun and interactive cross-platform product for mobile and web. We also make our own web-based business systems including a customer database and a powerful elearning content creation tool.
* Starting salary £17,000 – £20,000
* Full-time permanent role
* Brighton-based studio
* Fantastic potential for learning
* Interesting variety of projects: web, mobile, back end
* Small and friendly team
* Lean/agile approach
This role offers a great opportunity for gaining broad-ranging skills and experience with full support from senior developers. You can make an active contribution from the start and you will quickly see the results of your work. Our team will help you become an excellent all-round developer capable of succeeding in a commercial setting.
If you feel these statements describe you, we want to hear from you!
* You enjoy problem solving
* You either have a computer science degree or equivalent education/qualifications
* You have zero to two years work experience
* You enjoy learning and pick up new things easily
* You’re looking for experience in a technical role
* You want to become a good all-rounder
* You like the idea of working at a smaller company
* You want to be part of something awesome
About Lighthouse Learning
Started in 2012 by two industry veterans, Lighthouse Learning is a pioneer of innovative technologies that enrich the lives of young learners. We are committed to continuous product development to meet the needs of today’s classrooms. Our ambitious plans for growth include opening a US office alongside the expansion of our UK team.
Why It’s a Great Place to Work
In return for your time, skills and commitment, we offer:
* A fantastic company culture and talented colleagues
* A product that makes a positive difference to people’s lives
* Challenging work in a fun and interesting growth industry
Mike says: “Working at Lighthouse Learning has been a fantastic experience. Coming straight from university I have been provided with all the support I could have asked for to learn to work well in a professional, real world environment by everyone on the team and really feel that I’m contributing to something important. Every day brings interesting, fresh challenges that make me feel like I’m constantly growing as a developer.”
How to Apply
Please email Danielle firstname.lastname@example.org with your cover letter, CV and portfolio/code samples. Don’t worry about your portfolio – if you’ve got it, we want to see it! If you have any questions about the role or you’re not sure if you meet the requirements, please don’t hesitate to ask.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our team. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, sexuality, age, marital status or disability.