Developer Job Brighton
We are looking for an intelligent all-rounder with creative problem-solving skills. Working with the founders, you will play a crucial role in developing and implementing our technical strategy.
Responsibilities will include all areas of development: our learning products (web-based product and mobile apps), in-house development tools (content management, content authoring, sales & marketing management, customer database) and website.
We are a cross-functional, agile development team that uses Scrum and lean project management methodologies. All our products are designed and built in-house by developers, artists and educators with a wealth of experience. We are a close-knit team and highly collaborative.
Senior Developer Job Description
- Responsible for the technical aspects of the design and development of both server-side and client-side features of the Lumio educational platform and in-house tools, using standard frameworks and coding standards/patterns.
- Work with colleagues to help determine and catalogue requirements for new features.
- Write clean, high-quality, high-performance, maintainable code.
- Work as part of a team to improve and tailor the Lumio Education product to meet customer needs.
- Contribute to continual improvement with suggestions for user interface design and functionality, software architecture or new technologies.
- Participate in specification/design reviews and code reviews.
- Build appropriate unit tests, integration tests and deployment scripts.
- Identify technical risks and propose mitigations.
- Mentor junior developers by overseeing tasks, monitoring progress and helping evaluate priorities.
- Provide technical leadership and evaluate if technology approaches meet business requirements.
- Responsibility for product release process.
- Good understanding of HTML/CSS
- Experience creating applications that integrate with RESTful APIs
- Demonstrate experience delivering quality-product software
- Experience delivering scalable, efficient and resilient applications
- Experience using code repositories such as Git
- Experience working with and mentoring junior developers
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Experience working with Amazon Web Services is highly desirable
- Experience with NoSQL technologies such as MongodDB
- Experience using NodeJS framework
- Experience working within a test-driven development environment
- Experience working with iOS apps and XCode
- Experience working on a SaaS product
- Great attitude and enthusiasm
- Excellent critical thinking skills, analytical, creative
- Ability to work under pressure and multitask between projects
- Strong sense of ownership and highly self-directed. Comfortable working with your own direction and communicating progress
- Able to communicate technical details in an easy to understand language for non-technical people
- Enjoy working as part of a team, you like the idea of working at smaller company
- You want to be part of something awesome
About Lighthouse Learning
Lighthouse Learning is a children’s digital education company. Our mission is to engage young learners with delightful learning experiences accessible anywhere. Our success is powered by our people. We are driven and inspired and our workplace reflects that. We are passionate about what we do. In return for your time, skills and commitment, we offer you a fantastic company culture, a friendly team and a key part in our growing success. Employees joining us now will have the potential to make a big contribution to company growth as we change from a technology start-up to a leading digital learning provider.
Started in 2012 by two dedicated industry veterans, Lighthouse Learning is a pioneer of innovative technologies that enrich the lives of young children. Our mission is to delight children, teachers and parents with great learning experiences accessible on any device. We believe technology has the power to transform educational outcomes for young learners. Lumio is a beautifully designed and highly competitive cross-platform learning product that consistently receives glowing feedback from schools.
Why It’s a Great Place to Work
In return for your time, skills and commitment, we offer:
* A fantastic company culture and talented colleagues
* A product that makes a positive difference to people’s lives
* Challenging work in a fun and interesting growth industry
Mike says: “Working at Lighthouse Learning has been a fantastic experience. Coming straight from university I have been provided with all the support I could have asked for to learn to work well in a professional, real world environment by everyone on the team and really feel that I’m contributing to something important. Every day brings interesting, fresh challenges that make me feel like I’m constantly growing as a developer.”
How to Apply
Please email Danielle firstname.lastname@example.org with your cover letter, CV and portfolio/code samples if you have them. If you have any questions about the role or you’re not sure if you meet the requirements, please don’t hesitate to ask.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our team. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, sexuality, age, marital status or disability.